Saturday, November 8, 2008

Blog Four

Question 1.) In my opinion, I would not want to live in that society. Everyone is expected to be the same and live up to the same standards. The quality of live their is not long. The elderly are basically treated like nothing, and have nothing to live for once they are old. The country is not ran by an elected president but, more of a dictatorship council. The people are encouraged not to get married and have personal relationships with others. To my knowledge, there is not a lot of technology. I don't know to much about the education but, I dont think it was to important in this society.

Question 2.) I think this book is set in the past. I feel that way because of the society and how there is not a lot of technology.

Question 3.) In Ch. 3 an awesome discovery was made and that discovery was electricity. Electricity is a great thing to have and it would've opened many doors for this society. I would've used electricity in these ways:

1.) For central lighting (meaning instead of using candles and torches they would have total electric)

2.) For cooking (stoves and ovens)

3.) For central air

4.) For telephones if they had them


Question 5.) I think the reason behind the council's rejecting Equality's invention was very dumb. The council wasn't ready to move into the future and use electricity. To me the greatest fear the council had was, moving into the future and progress that was being made.

No comments: